WOW! Has it been this long since I last posted?? Apparently it has.. I was not idle this entire time and had better things to do other than to update this website.
No seriously, I did. Since the last time I wrote these things happened:
- I completed teaching a three-month acting workshop which had two amazing groups
- I got awesome evaluations from my students who sound like they had fun
- I had a great time teaching it (probably better than them)
- I prolonged my contract with Mostar Youth Theatre and am teaching two new workshops (starting next week) - intro to acting and documentary theatre (you should join)
- I applied to City University of Hong Kong's PhD program in communications
- I got accepted
- I received a great 3-year scholarship from them and am moving to Hong Kong in August (WooHOOoooo!!)
- I translated a book for the University of Zadar's information department
- I started editing and proofreading a novel called Hainsia Olindi written by a painter named Marko Saravanja
- Went to Berlin for New Year's and had a great time there (watched cirque du solil's show Corteo)
So, I seriously wasn't idle. I am also helping a certain girl prepare her drama school audition.
BUT...While doing that I noticed a serious lack of online audition resources for young actors from the former Yugoslavia area. I really wish I could write a publication that would help them out with preperation and monologues but am not sure if I will have enough time... Maybe if I get super organized I could do it all, but I also want to enjoy my time here, so we will see..
Picture on the left is a poster for the acting workshop I am starting at the Mostar Youth Theatre. You can read more about it on the workshops section but it's basically a fun acting course designed for everyone interested in performing.
The course will last for three months and iI'm really excited about it.